Monday, August 13, 2012

Good Bye Summer:-(

Tonight is a school night. It was a depressing day in the Donlen household today. Tomorrow is the first day of school. Sigh....where did the summer go? I will miss the lazy mornings and late nights. My kids take after me and are not morning people. The big boys leave for school at 7:00 a.m. YUCK! So the routine has started tonight of getting clothes set out and breakfast bowls and the table set up.

I'm looking forward (no not really) of a routine but the boys get out of school at 2:20 so by the time I drop Caiden off at school at 9 a.m. and go to the gym, I turn around and the boys are at home. It isn't really like I have my days free. And then sports and activities take up every single evening. Thus, the sadness of having school start. Oh well, it is what it is so I better get used to it.

I listed a few new things on Etsy today. I love these enamel bracelets. I made a duplicate of the blue and red flower one for me. It is so comfortable on the wrist and super fun to wear.


We went to Kansas City last week to visit my Father In Law. It ended up being a fun little trip. We usually do Destin, FL during this particular week but decide to save the money. I was really feeling blue about missing that too but then I felt better yesterday as friends or ours went during this same week and said it rained the entire time because of Ernesto and then I felt so happy that we didn't go.  My FIL had made that model airplane and gave it to the boys.


We did some shopping while in KC and while at Dick's Sporting Goods and for whatever reason, the boys (including hubby) were on a mission and picked out all the bright clothes and shoes they could find and had Connor try them on and then titled him. "HIGH VISIBILITY MAN".  Glad to see they can have fun where ever they end up.



2 comments:

  1. You guys go to school so early there! Is it because of the winters?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Who knows Lori. We get out kind of early. Around May 23-25th so I think that is part of the reason. When do your schools start?

      Delete