Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Trying to list more often

Well, I just realized today that quarterly taxes are due in what? like 10 short days. I need to get my act together to pay my fair share. So... I've made it a goal to list at least 2 new things every day on my Etsy Store.

Plus, I am slowly starting to give my ticklemebeads.com website some TLC. It needs tons of it as it has been ignored for too long. So that is my secondary goal. Lots of goals. I won't even go into all the other ones like doing laundry more often or better yet... at least putting away the folded clothes that have been sitting in laundry baskets for more than I care to admit. Or.... here is a really good one....trying to cut sugar out of my sugar hound life. That one needs a lot of help. I can't get away from the junk. I'm a coca cola gal and love drinking the stuff + chocolate + cookies + anything with sugar. I don't pick favorites. So my first day of this sugar free life (yesterday) involved me having the genius idea to make my boys a Gooey Butter Cake (It's a St. Louis thing) and something that tastes out of this world. The whole time I'm making it I'm thinking to myself that I'm such an awesome mother. Here I am making this wonderful treat for the boys for after they get home from school and I'm not going to eat any of it because I "don't do sugar" now. Well, I guess I don't have to spell out how that comment went over. Let's just say it tasted DELISH! That was yesterday and I can safely say that today it tasted just as good. Maybe tomorrow it will be too stale and won't taste good anymore. In the mean time, I'm sure I can come up with some other treat that my boys will say in return "You're the best cook in the whole wide world Mom." And I will say....."Too bad I can't eat this stuff since I don't do sugar anymore" and the vicious cycle will start again. Sigh.... Just say NO Cassie.

Now that I totally just derailed discussing my first and more important goal of being able to pay taxes... here are a few pics of items that I have recently listed on my Etsy store.


And These....


And this....



And these....


I'm sure there are more goodies in the shop that might float your boat. I'm finding it scary that more and more people are starting to talk about the holidays and getting geared up for the season. Wasn't it just summer yesterday?



8 comments:

  1. Cassie,
    As always, your new creations are beautiful! Just love them :) You made me laugh about the Gooey Butter Cake. I know that is your favorite, so I was wondering how you were going to resist....I guess you didn't, did you? Oh, how I can relate!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I almost texted you my confession of making that darn stuff as I have you to blame for giving me the recipie. LOL

      Delete
    2. I obviously have the sugar habit too since I am the one who gave you the Gooey Butter Cake recipe. Now I need to know what brought on the light bulb moment so maybe it can help me too!

      Delete
  2. Gooey Butter Cake...just the name makes my mouth drool!! Best of luck on kicking the sugar habit! I can honestly say that while I still have sugar "here and there", I have cut way back since January and feel much better! Not only are your beads drool-worthy, but the way you combine them with your wire work....my mouth is watering is if you just said "gooey butter cake"...yum!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Patti. Yes! You are right, gooey butter cake words = drool. I had a light bulb moment today after doing some reading and this is it. I'm done with sugar and now know the exact reasons why they need to hit the road. Wish me luck:-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's what the girls make me every year for my birthday. It's the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. One more sale on you Etsy store and you will have reached selling 1,000 items! Way to go!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's awesome Tabatha!! I didn't realize that. So so close.

    ReplyDelete