Tuesday, October 2, 2012

4 New Necklaces

I discovered something super duper way cool a few nights ago. Something that made me love new technology. For those of you who use your iPhone or iPad to take photos for your blog, Etsy, or other on-line sites where you need to upload photos.... the latest ios6 update now enables you to upload photos directly to your Etsy site, blog or other web sites.

Which means... that I have found a few freedom. I have mentioned before that I think about 80% of my blog/bead/jewelry photos are taken with my iPhone 4S. It's an incredible camera and with iCloud, my photos are on my MAC and my iPad through photo stream. That alone is awesome. Then I usually edit my photos with photoshop on my MAC.

I have tried before to list on Etsy just uploading my photos from my iPad and it didn't work. I was always so bummed by that inability. Now that is no longer the case. You can upload away. There are lots of apps out there for photo editing. I am digging the snapseed app but not 100% satisfied with it. But, if it means the convenience will let me list items more often on Etsy, then I'm all over it. The photo editing may not by 100% to my liking but I'm pretty happy with a 85-90% satisfaction as it now means that I will most likely list more often as I can randomly do it while playing on my iPad.  (sadly PicMonkey requires flash or I would be using them on the iPad)

So here are four new necklaces that I listed on my Etsy store all by just using my iPad. I can promise they would have never been done earlier as I usually like to take my laptop to bed at night and do photos and new listings then. But I'm so darn tired by the time the kids are in bed that it hasn't been happening. I'm just thrilled with having another option and opportunity that makes my life more simple as that is what technology is all about right? Hope this tip might help you guys out too!



Now... if anyone can tell me why my MAC computer and Paypal now no longer get along, I would forever be grateful . The issues have gotten worse every week. I'm at the point where I am lucky to even log onto paypal with my MAC. I can't print out shipping labels without it erroring out. I can not even make a payment using my paypal account. Nor can I send an invoice or transfer $ to my bank account. I have to do to hubby's computer or do it on my phone or iPad.

Am I the only one having these issues? Any suggestions on what the deal is? It's making me really dislike Paypal as heaven forbid that I ever dislike my MAC:-)

12 comments:

  1. I use a Mac too, but I haven't updated it to get iCloud to work with iPhoto yet. My husband did, and he hasn't mentioned any issues with PayPal. Maybe it's the browser you're using? We use FireFox.

    I love that little owl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your necklaces are darling! I love the colors and great textures.

    As for technology, I'm no help at all. That's my husband's job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Cassi. Awesome suggestion. I use safari browser. I'll have to try FireFox. Never thought about trying that browser.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not sure if this is the right place but posting for the fourth day of Bead Soup Book Blog Tour entry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your mixed media! My etsy says I'm on "vacation"!! I can't bring myself to go back!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Was looking for your post on the 4th Day of the Bead Soup Book tour. Will check back later.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm not sure either, but I'm trying to follow you as well, I love those 4 new necklaces....very chic!!! And I would LOVE to win the lampwork beads!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sorry I can't help with Mac issues, but did want to say how wonderful these four pieces are. Gotta love that little wide eyed owl!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cassie, your new Fall pieces are all so gorgeous...and that owl is adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have always loved lampwork beads. Yours are really pretty and I love the copper toggle and smaller flowers!!! I would just love to win this!!! Thanks for that chance!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cassie I love them all but the bottom left necklace is to die for. Truly a one of a kind.

    ReplyDelete