Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Time Flies...

Well, I wish I could say that I disappeared on some grand adventure these past few weeks. I guess if you call living the daily calls of life a grand adventure than that has been what I've been doing.

Funny how life gets in the way of beading. I did the numbers in my head this week when trying to figure out why I feel like I don't get a lot of beading work done. It made me feel a tad better mentally. By the time I get the kids off to school and they make their way home a few short hours later, it gives me a total of 5 hours to manage the household and my beading business. Hmmmm, that alone is less than 25 hours a week. which half of that goes to running errands, cleaning, cooking, laundry. Emails are a huge time sucker and then of course so is the internet that just sucks you in which leave me about 5 min to make beads, jewelry, and post new things each day. I was really starting to feel like a louse.

My middle child turned 13 last Friday. Which blows my mind. He had a wonderful birthday. The kids are still busy swimming and Caiden has his very first swim meet on this Saturday. He is doing great and I keep waiting for him to whine and complain about going to swim practice 3 times a week but he never does.

So the new Skylander's Giants video game came out a few days ago which has lead to a new quest for Caiden. I have been to 3 different Targets, 2 Walmarts, and Toys R Us trying to make sure I have gotten all the figures that are out there. Hmm.... that is why I don't have much beading time. I'm to busy out on a quest. For you parents that are looking for good Christmas ideas for video games, Skylanders can't be beat. My 8 year old loves these things but even my 13 and 14 year old enjoy playing the game and had to get their own characters the other day. I just wish they would come out about a week before Christmas because there is no way I can get the kids to hold off and wait until Christmas to collect the characters to play on the game.

I did manage to list a few new toggles on Etsy.  Baby steps right?

So now I need to skid addle and get my youngest breakfast so he can go off to school. Hopefully I will be back sooner than later next time:-)



3 comments:

  1. Oh I hear you on the lack of time devoted to making jewelry. Funny how you never hear about this extra stuff like laundry, running errands, cleaning and cooking in those inspirational interviews with artists in books like Where Women Create etc. They never talk about cleaning up dog poop for the third time in a day, or running the kids to practice, sometimes in your jammies, having to work part time to help pay the bills, or caring for a sick child.

    But I'm lucky to stay home and do what I want to do (most of the time), and I wouldn't have it any other way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dear, I forgot to let you know that I love your beautiful toggles!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh Alice, you totally read my mind. You are so right, all of that extra stuff adds up and becomes huge time zappers. And I've been there in the jammy department every morning when driving the kids to school at 7 a.m. I'm just waiting for the day that I get into an accident or pulled over for some traffic violation. We are lucky to stay at home and I totally couldn't agree more with you.

    ReplyDelete