Friday, April 18, 2014

Wondering where I have been?

Yea, I've been wondering the same thing. To make a long story short, as it would read like the perfect script for a reality tv series, we are moving to Milwaukee, WI. Hubby accepted a job with Harley Davidson in December and has been living up there since early January. The boys and I have stayed behind so they could finish the school year.

Needless to say all of this has involved more stresses, fear, and anxiety, with hope all thrown in the mix than I care to relate. I just packed up my workshop in January and shut everything down until after we move. Life has been super crazy and hectic and it just seemed easier to eliminate as many factors that I was capable of in order to cope in the best way possible.

I will be house hunting soon and then it will feel really real. Wish me luck as the market is hot there and the good ones go as soon as they are listed which puts us at a disadvantage. We will be putting our house on the market in a week or so (insert tears:-). It will be listed as soon as the new kitchen granite countertops get installed. Grrrr..... isn't that just typical? I have wanted granite ever since we have lived here. Now that we are moving, we are getting them..... In my mind was thinking we needed to do a total kitchen renovation before getting granite. Sigh, so at least I will get to enjoy it for a month before we move. Oh well, the next house will either have granite or hubby is gonna have to buy it as a prerequisite treat for moving. lol

That is just a brief update of what is going on. I can now say that I've become an expert house painter and house fixer upper. I hope to become a full time bead maker again once we are settled.


1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the move! We live about an hour south of Milwaukee :-) I'm looking forward seeing your happy creations again!

    ReplyDelete