Sunday, August 10, 2014

Life Changes & New Adventures Part 2


Oh my goodness… I'm giddy as a school girl and can't contain my excitement any longer!!!!

I am holding in my hand a confirmation letter of employment. As if picking up and moving to a new state wasn't enough excitement, I had to add to the party and get a new job. But not just any job. My dream job!! I am officially an associate editor for Bead&Button Magazine. Oh my goodness, that felt amazing to write. And, as an added cherry on top, I will also have the pleasure of working with Kalmbach's Wirework magazine.


Tomorrow morning, I report for my first day on the job!!! I will be part-time until the kids start school on September 2 and then I will convert to full-time. I wonder if I will be able to sleep tonight.

The process all started during our chaotic transition of moving and throwing our lives into what felt like a tornado. I couldn't help myself and felt compelled to also keep an eye on Kalmbach Publishing's website for job opportunities. I knew that we were moving to Bead&Button country and the idea of working for them was something I could only imagine. Then one day in June before we made the move, I saw it. Destiny was mine. There bold as could be was the posting for associate editor for Bead&Button. My heart raced and the stars aligned. I told myself after the move I would give myself a few weeks to get unpacked and settled and then, I had to get my resume together and go after that job. It seemed to good to be true.

My journey as a bead maker and jewelry designer has brought me down so many expanding pathways that continualy has added layer upon layer of experiences and exposure to the editing and publishing world. The timing seems perfect. This has been a year of changes and fresh new starts. Embracing this vision and striving to bloom where I have been planted, has brought me on this new journey and new career path. It's the perfect opportunity to help grow new roots and make new friends and associations which will only strenghten the feeling of being able to call Milwaukee home. The thought of going to an office and being able to be involved with all things bead and jewelry related is …. well lets just say I keep pinching myself!

To answer your next question, I will be knocking my personal artistry down to a hobby level. I am sure I will still want to create and make beads when I have the opportunity. When I do, I will continue to use Etsy as my storefront. My first priority right now is getting acclimated and submerged in my new job and helping the kids continue to adjust and settle in their new environment. I can't express how wonderful it feels to finally be back on a path where I can envision our lives more than just a few weeks in advance. It has been an incredibly rough year and the thought that I can start to see our future in greater detail feels very settling and comforting. No more hibernating and to that all I can say is YAY!! as that sums it all up in the fastest and simplest terms.

XOXOXO


9 comments:

  1. Congratulations! What an exciting adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, that's fabulous! Finally got my torch set up and am obsessed with learning to make beads. Will check out Bead and Button. Love your videos, they've really helped. -Terry Morrow

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's awesome news Terry and glad to hear things are embarking well on your lampworking journey. Don't hesitate to give me a shout if you ever have any questions. Thanks for the kind words!!

      Delete
  3. So excited for you Cassie. Amazing journey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Leslie!! And to think it all started in your garage. Who would've guessed!

      Delete
  4. Cassie, this was a heartwarming read. I have been your fan for years, purchased some of your tutorials, kits, read about you in magazines, marveled at your colorful lampwork beads and frankly copied lots of your techniques. I am happy to read about your new life and I totally "get" having the stars align and things happen all at the right time where all past experiences can now assist your in your current role and future endeavors. May this new job help many more people benefit from your knowledge and artistic ability and enhance your family's new Cheesehead Lifestyle. Seriously: CONGRATULATIONS talented lady!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie,

      Thanks for taking the time to write such an encouraging note. I truly appreciate it as it means so much:-)

      Delete
  5. Wow, congratulations! What an exciting new adventure for you :)

    ReplyDelete