Tuesday, April 21, 2015

I'm still here!

Yes, it is true. I'm still here. Just thought I would pop in and say hello. Life has been crazy as ever and we have been slowly adjusting to our new lives here in Milwaukee. It was quite a rocky start getting the kids adjusted to a new school. I'm in shock to think that almost a year ago to the date, I flew up here to go house hunting. It's strange and scary how fast this transition time has gone by. I feel like I'm finally at the point where it is safe to come out of hibernation and survival mode.

So to give a reduced recap of our lives these past 8 months, we are all surviving. Caiden turned 11 last month and is flourishing here. He loves his new school and has made some good friends. I'm so grateful that the transition was very smooth for him. The big boys I'm now happy to say are doing pretty well. It was a rough heart-breaking start at the beginning of the school year. Mourning their old friends, their old life, and old school was quite a shock to their system. I kept saying they just need time. We all needed time. I'm not going to lie as they would pack up and move back home in a heart beat but having said that, they are making friends and adjusting to their new environment. They smile, laugh, and have typical teenage personalities. Keegan got his license this past summer, and Connor will be getting his drivers permit in the next week.

Me? I'm adjusting well too. As if the change of picking up and moving to a new state wasn't enough, going and getting a full-time job was another huge adjustment for the entire family dynamics. I think we have for the most part gotten used to the new routine and environment. I totally love my job though, and I can't believe I've been at Kalmbach for 8 months now. I've had the pleasure of working on several issues of Bead&Button and two issues of Wirework magazine. Yes, I still pinch myself often! lol.... I have very little opportunity to do a lot of creating with my personal designs as there just isn't the time. But, I have made a few things for the magazines. The spring issue of Wirework (hitting the stands next week) has two projects of mine. You might recognize the bangles set but the ring was designed for this issue. Just as this issue is hitting the stands, we are busy working on the Fall issue which will also include one of my projects.

I've become immersed in the wonderful world of seed beads and all the varieties of two-hole beads now that I'm working for Bead&Button. We have started something new and are offering kits of projects that the editors design. The August issue will feature two kits (earrings and a ring) that I designed, and I'm super excited about. I will share more about it later.

And of course, the Bead&Button show is coming up in early June. Things are ramping up fast for it. YAY!

Wow, I just realized that I could have loads to talk about just in all the fun events and things that are going on behind the scenes. So stayed tuned and come back often as I will slowly start updating this page and start sharing this new version of my life.

It's finally starting to warm up and signs of spring have been late coming. It was a long cold winter, and I will leave ya with a pic of me and the boys. Well, at least what you can see of cute Caiden. Hubby was taking the pic so we will catch him next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment